Home About Me Freebies My Classroom My Products TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram Image Map

June 19, 2015

Fab Friday Freebies



I began a diet this week. This is my third or fourth time beginning this diet. It's not that the diet is hard...okay it is hard, but not for the reasons you think. I like the foods I have to each and I feel full all day and have energy. To be honest, I feel really good when i'm on it. The problem is, I really miss all of the yummy foods I can't have...pizza, sandwiches, desserts, etc. That's all i think about. So it only seemed fitting to create an awesome freebie all about food (the yummy food I can't have). Maybe I will crave them less if I talk about them and create activities where I pretend to eat them.

I have had this packet for a while, so I am super excited to share it with you all. I love to engage my younger students in activities that simulate real life experiences, such as grocery shopping or going to a restaurant. I wanted to create something simple that covered a variety of language concepts and would allow for pretend play with my older elementary students.



This packet was designed for elementary age students k- 5th grade. Your students will pretend to be in a restaurant, take on different roles, and work on different language tasks: ordering food, social skills, following directions, compare/contrast, categorization, sequencing, and auditory memory.

You can grab this freebie here What's on the menu?

Here are some other awesome freebies I found this week:

Let's Have A Picnic:  An Auditory Memory Activity

She always has such awesome ideas and this game looks like a lot of fun as well. Students will sit in a circle, each person will say" I am going on a picnic and i'm going to bring ____."  As each person takes a turn, they have to remember all the foods that came before them. 

Open Ended Pizza Game

Open Ended Pizza Game by Speech Gadget Deb
Who doesn't love pizza and it's an open ended game! It doesn't get much better than that!

Picnic Categories:  What Doesn't Belong?

Great product for vocabulary, comprehension, categorization, and reasoning skills. My students always have a hard time with this concept and Jenn made it in to a fun game.

Bountiful Basket: Multisyllabic Fruit and Vegetables

This packet is jam packed full of awesomeness. It target 2, 3,4 syllable words related to food. It includes a game board, syllable sorting mat, color sorting mat, reinforcement page, EET companion, compare/contrast worksheet, and related books. 

SUPERMARKET SORT

SUPERMARKET SORT by Figuratively Speeching SLP
This is perfect for targeting categorization and has three was to play: Go Fish, Matching, and Sorting.

I would love to hear from you! What fun toys, activities, crafts, or books do you use when talking and teaching about food?

I hope you enjoy using these freebies with your students. Remember to follow my blog so you don't miss out on these awesome freebies each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment