Home About Me Freebies My Classroom My Products TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram Image Map

July 28, 2015

Becoming SLP Strong Together: The Best Thing I Learned This Summer

As summer comes to an end, this is the perfect time to reflect on what I learned this summer. The Frenzied SLPs have started a linky party for fellow bloggers to discuss The Best Thing They Learned This Summer.


I have to say I learned quite a few things this summer... 1. It is extremely hot in TN in July and August. 2. How to market using social media. (This is an ongoing thing for me.) 3. When I put my mind to something, I always achieve it. 

But the BEST thing I learned and probably the best advice I could give to anyone working in the school system is....

During summer vacation it is important to relax physically and MENTALLY. I definitely relaxed physically this summer; sleeping late, hiking, bowling, swimming, jumping at the trampoline park, having water balloon fights and much, much more, but I didn't stop and take a mental break. 

 

I have been so busy I forgot to rest my brain for the upcoming school year. You would think that with all of the fun stuff that I mentioned above that school would be the last thing on my brain.  I didn't realize it until a few days ago when people began asking if I am ready to go back to school, and typically I am. But this year I am not. I have really enjoyed spending quality time with my family and just having time in general. I have about a week and a half left before school begins so what do you think I'll be doing?

Enjoying every minute of the rest of my summer with lots of rest and relaxation!

To see what others are sharing click here

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that it is so important to recharge!
    All Y’all Need

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important! Especially for educators. Enjoy your last few days of summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that rest is necessary! I had a bit of a mini-meltdown this past weekend because I've been so busy and school starts Monday! I've taken some time since to recharge and I feel much better. Best of luck to you while you are relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of us seem to be reminding ourselves to slow down and enjoy. The summer flies by just too fast! So glad to hear you took time to recharge.

    ReplyDelete