Home About Me Freebies My Classroom My Products TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin Instagram Image Map

August 12, 2015

Wacky Wednesday Book Club: Pirates Don't Change Diapers


Hi friends! Happy Wednesday! As I was digging through my books trying to decide which one to talk about this week I found the sequel to "How I Became A Pirate".


My students LOVED reading this book last year! If you don't have "Pirates Don't Change Diapers" you can grab it here from Amazon

This companion is quite similar to the one I made for "How I Became A Pirate". It is loaded with activities to target a variety of  goals.


Here is a peek at some of the activities included in this packet:

-Story Map
-Sequencing With Ordinal Numbers

-Sequencing Chain
-Comprehension Questions With Picture Cues

-Comprehension Questions Without Picture Cues

-Yes/No Questions
-Vocabulary Using Context Clues
-Vocabulary Word Search


-Vocabulary Four Square

-Sentence Comprehension
-Pirate Vocabulary
-Past, Present, and Future Verb Sorting
-Past Tense Irregular Verbs
-Scrambled Sentences

-Compare & Contrast
-Describing
-Writing Prompt
-Open-ended Game Board


I forgot to mention, this book companion just got a makeover! WooHoo! I can't wait to pull it out in September. 


What are some other pirate themed books you like to read for Talk Like A Pirate Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment